Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Modest is Hottest?

Okay, I consider myself to be a very modest person. I'm not comfortable wearing revealing clothes at home, much less in public. Obviously I know that most girls my age don't exactly have my same idea about modesty. Being the people-watcher that I am on a daily basis it is becoming ever more clear how many girls have a distorted body image. Now, when I say "distorted body image" you may be thinking that I'm referring to attractive girls that think of themselves as ugly. However, that is not who I am referring to. I really admire some girls for their boldness to wear outrageous outfits - bright colors, bold designs. But, then there are the girls that take it to the extreme. The Size 6 that's wearing a SMALL top and SIZE 2 jeans. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with size 6 - that's healthy. But when a girl tries to squeeze herself into something that is not right for her body type she ends up doing more damage to her image than good. I'm a firm believer in wearing clothes that make you feel good as a person and as a female - but I also believe in modesty. This may not mean much coming from "jeans and t-shirt," but I think it's important, not only for the sake of a disgraceful reputation, but also self-image, to wear appropriate clothing for body type and venue. Okay, I'm done.

"Your clothes should be tight enough to show that you are a woman, but loose enough to prove that you are a lady."

No comments: